PWTorch editor Wade Keller presents a special Thursday Flagship edition of the Wade Keller Pro Wrestling Podcast featuring a WrestleMania 36 Preview with ex-WWE Creative Team member and professional stand-up comedian Matt McCarthy.
(Search “wade keller” to subscribe in podcast app or CLICK HERE to subscribe in Apple Podcasts.)
TORCH TODAY – Saturday, December 12, 2015
(Torch Reader Alert: We’re looking for results from tonight’s events sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
– WWE’s main roster has a “Supershow” Saturday night in Lewiston, Maine featuring WWE World Hvt. champion Sheamus, IC champion Kevin Owens, and U.S. champion Alberto Del Rio. Plus, Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Jack Swagger, and the Dudleys.
The arena website is still advertising injured stars Randy Orton and Seth Rollins, so there is not an updated card.
– WWE star Dolph Ziggler is not scheduled for the “Supershow” because he is doing stand-up comedy at Kowloon in Saugus, Mass. Ziggler is scheduled for two shows at the local hang-out when WWE is in Boston, such as for TLC on Sunday.
– Day 3 of the NXT brand’s U.K. Tour is in Sheffield, England. The following card is advertised.
NXT Title match: Finn Balor vs. Sami Zayn vs. Baron Corbin
NXT Women’s Title match: Bayley vs. Emma
Samoa Joe vs. Apollo Crews
Also: Enzo Amore & Big Cass, Asuka, more
– On the independents, PWG wraps up its huge All-Star Weekend with a top match of Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa vs. Michael Elgin & Brian Cage. Plus, Guerrilla Warfare featuring Mouth Rushmore.
Also, Drew Galloway and James Storm are in Scotland, former NFL player Brennan Williams is scheduled to make an announcement at Booker T’s ROW show in Houston, Northeast Wrestling has ROH stars in action, Sami Callihan is scheduled for CZW’s “Cage of Death” show, big TNA stars are in New York and New Jersey, Terri Runnels is at Game Changer Wrestling, and Rikishi is in California. (Full Weekend Events Preview)
– WWE NETWORK HIGHLIGHTS: A new episode of “This Week in WWE” is out at 3:00 p.m. EST, then replayed throughout the day.