After celebrating the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Sunday decision to deny the Dakota Access Pipeline a permit to tunnel under the Missouri River, the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and their allies opposing the pipeline are sure of one thing: the fight is not over.

Energy Transfer Partners, the company behind the pipeline, on Monday filed a lawsuit against the Army Corps’ decision, and the suit will be heard in court on Friday.

Julia Carrie Wong reports for the Guardian:

Meanwhile, on the ground at Standing Rock, thousands of veterans who traveled to North Dakota to join the water protectors held a prayer action against the pipeline Monday—in the midst of a blizzard. Photos and videos of the peaceful action showed water protectors and veterans united in prayer, and standing strong despite the barrage of wind and snow:

Even as the frigid and harsh blizzard conditions are predicted to continue, many water protectors are vowing to remain at the site.

NBC News interviewed several veterans and water protectors on Wednesday, who spoke about the historic nature of the Indigenous activist’s stand against the pipeline, the frigid conditions, and their commitment to the ongoing struggle:

In addition to reiterating their commitment to the pipeline battle, many water protectors observe that the local police continue to maintain a blockade on the main highway into camp—preventing emergency services from entering and leaving. Oceti Sakowin, the main protest camp, posted to Facebook on Wednesday asking supporters to call North Dakota Emergency Services to ask “why the bridge blockade is not being removed for the passage of Emergency Response Vehicles.”

“This is especially critical in light of the winter storms,” the camp observed.

Indeed, in the face of such harsh weather, many Indigenous leaders—including Standing Rock Sioux Tribe chairman Dave Archambault II—are asking the elderly, families with children, and anyone unprepared for the conditions to leave the camp and go home.