The June 13th, 2016 edition of WWE Monday Night RAW on the USA Network takes place at the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA.
– RAW opens up with a moment of silence for the victims of the attack in Orlando this past weekend.
– The New Day comes out to cut a promo and they’re quickly interrupted by Enzo and Cass, who make fun of the New Day’s “female massagers” hanging off their heads. Enzo and Xavier get in each other’s faces, then get interrupted by The Vaudevillains. Aiden English starts singing but gets interrupted by Gallows and Anderson, and we have a match.
– The Vaudevillains, Gallows & Anderson def. The New Day, Enzo & Cass: Kofi goes to work on Simon Gotch and tags in Big E to keep his team in control. Enzo Amore and Aiden English get the tags and the Vaudevillains member slows things down until Big Cass gets the hot tag. Cass hits a fallaway slam and a splash in the corner on English until Simon Gotch pulls his parter to the outside for the save. Kofi gets the tag and goes flying over the top rope onto all the heels at ringside. Anderson and Kofi get the tags, and the two Bullet Club members hit the Magic Killer on Kofi for the win.
– In the latest segment with Darren Young and Bob Backlund, Backlund says to save more money and start wearing a bowtie.
– Shane and Stephanie McMahon are in the back, and Stephanie says she thinks she should run both RAW and SmackDown when the brand split happens. Kane interrupts them to offer his services, and says he has some ideas that could make SmackDown “red hot.”
– Zack Ryder and Sheamus get in each other’s faces in the back, and they have a match tonight. Sheamus adds that Apollo Crews is going to become the biggest joke in WWE history.
– Titus O’Neil comes out for a match but gets jumped by Rusev on the ramp. Rusev has to be pulled off O’Neil by referees.
– Dean Ambrose hits the ring for tonight’s edition of The Ambrose Asylum. His introduces his guests and former Shield partners, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns. Ambrose tries to get Rollins to lighten up but doesn’t have much luck. They start reminiscing over their Shield days and Rollins admits they had some good times together, but says the best time they had was when he laid out Reigns with a steel chair. Ambrose tries to mediate things between Rollins and Reigns, then teases that if he wins the Money In The Bank contract he might cash it in that very same night. Rollins shoves Ambrose into Reigns and a brawl breaks out. Reigns hits a Superman punch on Rollins, then turns around into a Dirty Deeds from Ambrose.
– Ambrose runs in to Stephanie in the back and gets booked in a match against Chris Jericho tonight.
– Paige def. Charlotte : Natalya and Becky are on commentary for this one. The Women’s Champion trades offense with Paige until Paige sends her to the outside. Dana Brooke throws Charlotte back in the ring and Paige catches her with a superkick and the Rampage to win this non-title match. Dana looks shocked as she realizes she might have messed up by throwing Charlotte back in the ring too soon.
– Cesaro and Sami Zayn cut promos on each other in the back, and Cesaro tells Sami he has a lot of prove in WWE.
– Charlotte cuts a promo on Dana Brooke in the back and says they have a lot of work to do before Money In The Bank.
– Sheamus def. Zack Ryder: Ryder hits the Elbro Drop off the top rope for a 2-count early on. Ryder misses a splash in the corner and Sheamus hits the big boot for the win in a very short match. Sheamus beats down Ryder after the bell until Apollo Crews comes out for the save. Crews lays out Sheamus and Sheamus retreats through the crowd.
– Shane McMahon and Kane are still talking in the back. Kevin Owens walks in and rats out Alberto Del Rio for showing up late to RAW. Del Rio walks in mad and says Owens called airport security on him and they detained him for five hours. Kane says Owens and Del Rio need a team building exercise, like a tag team match against the Lucha Dragons. Shane likes the idea, and we have a match.
– Sami Zayn def. Cesaro: Cesaro takes control of the match early on with an uppercut that sends Zayn to the floor at ringside. Back in the ring, Cesaro goes for the swing but Sami struggles, so Cesaro hits a double foot stomp for a 2 count. Zayn goes up top but gets knocked off with a dropkick, and Cesaro follows up with a superplex for another 2 count. Sami Zayn reverses a powerbomb attempt into a big sunset flip for the win.
– Michael Cole is in the ring for John Cena and AJ Styles’ contract signing for their Money In The Bank match. Cena comes out first and puts over AJ Styles, saying he was excellent everywhere from PWG, to Ring of Honor, to New Japan. Cena says AJ has won more championships than he has, and AJ is the greatest star never given a chance by WWE in the past. Cena tells Cole to get lost, and AJ comes out next. AJ says he’s going to wrestle circles around Cena at Money In The Bank. Cena says AJ has a choice of two matches with him: A singles match, or a handicap match where Gallows and Anderson can join him. Cena calls his group “the bitch club.” Cena calls AJ “homes” and says he must have left his balls in Japan. AJ chooses the contract for singles match and signs it.
– Kevin Owens & Alberto Del Rio def. The Lucha Dragons: Owens and Del Rio start arguing before the bell even rings. “Owens and Del Rio get along like you and everybody else in the world Byron,” says JBL. Del Rio controls the opening moments of the match, but quickly starts arguing with Owens again and the Lucha Dragons kick both of them down to the floor at ringside. Sin Cara hits a Swanton bomb on Del Rio and Owens breaks up the pin. Owens drags Del Rio over to the corner and tags himself in. Sin Cara hits Owens with a springboard cross body, a springboard back elbow, and a springboard moonsault for 2. Kalisto goes for a suicide dive on Del Rio on the outside, but Del Rio throws him into the fan barricade. Back in the ring, Owens hits the pop up powerbomb on Sin Cara for the win. After the match, Owens eats a boot to the face from Del Rio.
– Owens is in the back complaining to Stephanie that Sami Zayn will be on commentary for Ambrose vs. Jericho later. Owens says he should be on commentary too, and Stephanie agrees. Del Rio says he should be out there too. Stephanie says they have enough commentators, but Del Rio can be special guest timekeeper.
– Stephanie and Shane argue in the back about their creative differences. Shane says Cesaro will be the guest ring announcer tonight. They begin discussing Kane, and Kane walks in behind them. Shane says they’d like someone with a little more stability than Corporate/Demon Kane, and Stephanie agrees. Shane says he’ll keep co-running RAW with his sister, but says he will run SmackDown by himself.
– Dean Ambrose def. Chris Jericho: Cesaro introduces Jericho as hailing from Stupid Idiotville. Ambrose starts things off with right hands and chops. Ambrose knocks Jericho out to ringside and follows up with a suicide dive onto Y2J. This leads to Ambrose getting distracted by Owens and Jericho mounting a comeback. Jericho hits a springboard dropkick that sends Ambrose to the ringside floor. Owens and Sami Zayn get in each other’s faces on commentary, then Cesaro and Del Rio get involved in the trash talking. Back in the ring, Ambrose comes back with a clothesline and a splash in the corner. Jericho gets Ambrose in the Walls of Jericho but Ambrose reaches the ropes. Jericho hits a Lionsault for 2. Jericho goes for the Codebreaker but Ambrose catches him in mid air, drops him, and hits the Dirty Deeds for the win. Owens hits the ring and beats down Ambrose, then all hell breaks loose with all of the Money In The Bank ladder match participants at ringside hitting the ring. They eventually start fighting out of the ring, and Sami Zayn hits a suicide dive onto all of them off the top rope, except Jericho. Jericho sets up and climbs a ladder in the middle of the ring to end the show.
— WWE (@WWE) June 14, 2016
- 5 Incredible, Funny, and Heartbreaking Facts About KURT ANGLE You Didn’t Know: Backstage Fights & More